The New York State Technology and Engineering Educators Association (NYSTEEA) is here for you during the Coronavirus Pandemic. The NYSTEEA executive board understands this transition to online learning has been difficult. We’ve been figuring it out just like you, one day at a time.
It is time that we unique Tech Ed teachers band together and share our best practices for teaching Technology Education through the COVID-19 crisis.
We are hosting virtual meet-ups for Tech Ed teachers to share our best practices, project ideas, teaching strategies for teaching Technology Education K through University.
Tech Ed Teacher Talk on 5/28/20
– TinkerCad set-up a classroom
Vinny Garrison (Nanuet School District)
– Tinkercad: Creating a castle, 5-8. We found a walkthrough video of a castle and created a much slower paced walkthrough to create it and then customize it. Resources: walk through videos step by step.
Nathan Horn (Peru School District)
– Design projects for students dealing with responding to COVID-19. Includes resources
Euisuk Sung (City Tech College)
– Project approach where we presented a project task to design a transportation-related technology to help our neighbors who combat COVID-19. Includes a lesson plan and student project outcomes.
Tech Ed Teacher Talk on 6/11/20
Nathan Smith (Elmira High School)
– VEX VR for Robotics
Leif Sorgule (Peru Central School District)
– TinkerCAD Circuits and Robotics for Industry
Steve Barbado (International Technology and Engineering Educators Association – ITEEA)
– The NEW Standards for Technological and Engineering Literacy
Jon Lowin (Hammondsport Central School District)
– Hands-On Building at Home