Technology & Engineering Student Honor Society
The purpose of the Honor Society is to:
- Recognize and reward students’ high achievement in the area of Technology and Engineering Education,
- Promote the pursuit of excellence in the Technology and Engineering Education curriculum, and
- Stimulate achievement in technology students.
- Juniors and seniors who have at least 3 credits in Technology and Engineering Education courses are eligible to apply.
- Membership shall be based upon the applicant’s: Responsibility, Reliability, Self-Motivation, Cooperation and Critical Thinking Skills demonstrated in Technology and Engineering Education courses.
- Applicants must have a minimum average of 90% in Technology courses and have a satisfactory class standing.
- School must offer sufficient courses for students to obtain a sequence in Technology and Engineering Education.
- The Advisory(s) are members in good standing of NYSTEEA.
- The chapter holds annual elections and an induction for new students.
- Local chapters hold regular meetings.
- Local chapters will send an annual report to the NYSTEEA Honor Society Committee, which will include the names of the advisor(s), current members, activities, accomplishments and list of new inductees.
- The chapter will honor graduating seniors with a certificate, pin, and/or honor cords to signify their achievement.
Contact Rodger Pacos for more information and an application: email@example.com
During the Representative Assembly of the 56th annual NYSTEEA Conference held in Syracuse, a resolution was passed to re-establish The New York State Technology and Engineering Education Honor Society. The original resolution was passed at the 40th Annual Conference in 2003.