Epsilon Pi Tau
The Epsilon Pi Tau (EPT) Pi Field Chapter held its initial Exemplary Initiation in April 2003 during the NYSTEEA Spring Conference. There have been a number of induction ceremonies over the past years at the annual NYSTEEA Conferences.
The following information regarding EPT is taken from their website:
Epsilon Pi Tau was established in 1929 as a non-profit educational organization incorporated in the state of Ohio as based out of Ball State. As the premier academic and professional honors group for technology education professionals in practice. EPT has provided honor and distinction to members, institutions, programs and individuals throughout the world for more than 85 years.
The mission of EPT includes the following:
- Promotes and recognizes the achievement of academic excellence.
- Promotes the values and contributions of professionals in technology.
- Provides a medium for the professional development and recognition of individual members for leadership and achievement.
- Enhances the status of practitioners and the professions in technology
- Fosters and encourages the acceptance among its members of the ideals of technological capability and skill, social professional proficiency, and research and its application to products.
- Advances understanding, appreciation and awareness of technology as both an enduring and influential human endeavor and an integral element of culture.
If you would like to join this prestigious professional organization, which celebrates your achievements and contributions to Technology and Engineering Education, I invite you to submit the attached application form in an attached email to me at email@example.com by January 31, 2019. All candidates must attend the annual NYSTEEA spring conference on March 22nd for the induction ceremony, as a part of the conference program.