The New York State Technology and Engineering Educators’ Association (NYSTEEA) is the professional association of Technology Education teachers. We are working to ensure the technological literacy of New York State students.
NYSTEEA creates and encourages opportunities for professional development and collaboration of Technology teachers. We support student participation and achievement in technology learning activities and competitions. Our organization is not for profit and is guided by an Executive Board and an Advisory Council.
Membership in this professional organization strengthens our profession. The benefits of membership and the accomplishments of the organization are numerous.
- Monthly newsletters and emails with pertinent information for members
- CTLE certified professional development workshops
- Networks of local organizations with mini conferences around the state
- Relevant and meaningful professional development conferences
- Support for STEM student competitions around NYS
- Grants for classroom teaching supplies
- Future Technology & Engineering Educators student scholarship fund.
- Awards for outstanding educators and programs
- Development of technology content that aligns with State and National standards
- Update of middle level and high school curricula and standards
- Active social media accounts and job openings
- Data about students engagement in Technology & Engineering Education
- Maintain contact with the State Education Department
- Monitor legislative and political and Board of Regents actions
- Promote Technology Education within the industrial and business community
- Expand our relationships with the math and science professional community
- Partners with other State, National and International organizations of similar interests